Saturday, October 24, 2009

Feelings

So I realize that it's been a while. No, I haven't forgotten about the blog. It's just that lately I haven't had as much as an interest in fashion. I've been involved in other things going on in my life, and fashion and blogging have not been at the top of my priorities. My temporary loss of interest was definitely affected by my lack of spare time. I don't think that I've used my sewing machine in at least six months. Usually I take a wearable arts course over the summer, but I was working as a counselor this past summer instead. And then there's school. Between homework, and social events, and everything else that I have to do there just doesn't seem to be room for my hobbies. Pretty much, unless something is scheduled into my day, it probably isn't going to happen. Do I regret choosing to spend my time focusing on things other than sewing and design, two things I love to do? Yes. But I have other interests. For example, I want to go into psychology. I've been looking up courses to take over the summer. This means I won't be able to take a wearable arts course again, which honestly sucks, but it's more likely that I'll be studying psychology in my future than fashion design. I've been debating about whether I should keep the blog up or not. I clearly don't update it very often, but mainly because I feel like I have nothing to update it with. I have all of these ideas running around in my head and I never get to make them into a tangible thing. I desperately want to be able to sit and create something, but like I said before, there's no time.
The other day I had an idea. I always thought that it would be really cool to be able to produce and entire line of clothing. Considering how long it takes me to create a single item of clothing, this would probably take years. Not to mention all of the materials I would need. Then I started thinking about when I was a kid and how I used to design clothes for my Barbies. This made me realize that I could create a clothing line for Barbie dolls. It would be much quicker than creating a full human-sized outfit, and would use much less material. I'm still not sure if this plan is going to happen but I do like the idea of it. I'll try to work on some drawings and post them. Just keep in mind, this might be a slow process. Hopefully I'll be able to complete this project. It would feel really great to accomplish this.

1 comment:

  1. oh Hello.
    I just thought take a peek at your blog, and I love your barbie idea.
    I was going to do something like that this summer but time escaped me.
    Go for it. I'd love to see the end result.
    kisses.

    ReplyDelete