Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Kids Don't Stand a Chance

Happy Superbowl Sunday!
Of course I'm stuck with a paper to write and a few projects. I did get to watch the halftime show; Really really great. Anyways, prom is coming up for me in about a month or so and everyone is running around looking for dresses and finding dates. It's easy to get caught up in the madness, so of course I've already started dreaming about my dress. First off, I absolutely hate those shiny, satiny, Macy's monstrosities. The last thing I want is to show up to prom looking like a reflective, uncomfortable clone of everyone else there. What I really want is a 1950's pouffy, girly prom dress. I've always thought that it would be so much fun to wear one, and I'm sure everyone would be surprised when they see a big pile of tulle getting out of the limo. I've searched through thousands of the vintage dresses being sold on ebay and I've narrowed it down to these:

I honestly don't know if I would fit through the door in this dress. Either way, I love the fullness of the skirt and the small ruffles.
This dress is more sophisticated than the others, which means I might be able to get more use out of this dress, but I feel like the bust would fit strangely. I love the color though, it's a perfect off-white.
This dress reminds me of bubblegum. It's really similar to the blue dress in this teen vogue editorial which I wrote about two years ago. I would definitely love to rock this with a metallic jacket and cotton candy!

(from top to bottom:love_kats,love_kats,zindy-lou)

No comments:

Post a Comment