Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fabric


This past Saturday I went fabric shopping, and I have displayed what I got by draping them over dear Molly the mannequin. I have learned that you should always go to the fabric store already knowing what you want, or else you will be completely overwhelmed by the hundreds of bolts of fabrics around you. I bought the fabric above to make a little black dress. The design is still not definite.
This fabric feels and looks like suede, but it's not. I wanted to replicate these which I saw on Nasty Gal. Unfortunately, I found this in the remnants pile and there was only a little over a yard left. If I were to make the pants there would be no room for me to make any mistakes. We'll see what happens with this fabric.
A friend of mine requested that I make her a skirt for her birthday. Her birthday isn't for a few more months but since I was buying fabric I picked some up for her skirt. I fell in love with this print as soon as I walked by it. I was looking for something cutesy but not tacky and I think I got it. Also, the person who rang up my fabric asked me if I could custom make her a skirt! Hopefully that will work out.
Closer up.

No comments:

Post a Comment